Granite Countertops Charleston SC
Are you looking for granite countertops in Charleston SC? With the right Charleston granite company, you’ll get beautiful, durable natural stone counters that add value and style to any space. Keep reading to learn why granite is the ultimate solution for Charleston countertops.
Why Homeowners Love Granite Countertops in Charleston For Kitchen Countertops
Granite countertops bring elegance and luxury to any Charleston home. This natural stone has been cherished for thousands of years thanks to its timeless beauty, durability, and endlessly unique patterns. Upscale granite offers homeowners the following:
- Long-lasting performance that withstands daily wear and tear
- Easy maintenance that just requires soap and water
- Resistance to scratches, stains, heat and more
- A wide selection of colors, from dramatic black granite to eye-catching multicolor
- The ability to customize counters with unique natural stone
- Increased resale value for Charleston homes
For kitchens, bathrooms, outdoor entertaining areas, and more, granite countertops in Charleston, SC, deliver the ultimate combination of aesthetics, quality, and value.
How To Select Granite For Your Charleston Home
With so many options to choose from, selecting the perfect granite countertops in Charleston, SC, can feel overwhelming. Follow these tips for choosing the ideal granite for your Charleston home:
- Gather inspiration from design magazines, Pinterest, and local showrooms like Eugene’s Granite & Marble located in North Charleston for all types of stones like cosmos granite or marble countertops
- Bring along paint swatches, flooring samples, and cabinetry finishes to envision a complete look.
- View full slabs at a stone yard to see how patterns vary across the entire piece.
- Consider lighting – some granite looks different in natural vs. artificial light.
- Compare against cabinetry and flooring to ensure an integrated look.
- Visualize how your quality granite countertops will work with planned backsplashes and other accents.
Take your time evaluating possible granite materials at local Charleston showrooms for marble and granite countertops. Choosing the perfect surface results in your dream kitchen or bathroom design.
Cost Considerations for Granite Countertops
Like most home upgrades, natural stone granite countertops in Charleston do represent an investment. But granite brings added resale value that makes the upfront cost worthwhile. What can homeowners expect to budget for Charleston granite?
- Low-end granite starts at around $60 per square foot.
- Mid-range granite costs $80 – $150 per square foot.
- High-end luxury granite runs $150 – $200+ per square foot.
Quartz countertops and marble also have installed costs from $70 – $150 on average. Always get an itemized estimate tailored to your specific Charleston kitchen or bath. The total cost depends on slab choice, edge profiles, cutouts needed, installation challenges, and other factors.
How To Find The Best Granite Supplier in Charleston
Choosing an established Charleston granite company is critical for a flawless countertop installation. Be sure to evaluate potential granite suppliers on:
- Strong reputation with many years serving Charleston homeowners
- Owning their own stone yard and large inventory
- Offering fabrication, templating, installation, and service – not just sales.
- Quality of workmanship based on past client reviews and examples
- Professional showroom to view natural stone countertop samples
- Open communication, responsiveness, and clear estimates
Investing time upfront to find the right granite supplier like Charleston Granite Countertops & Marble results in a smooth, stress-free countertop experience.
Key Benefits of Granite Countertops
To recap, some of the key reasons Charleston, SC, homeowners love granite countertops include:
- Timeless, luxurious beauty that elevates any kitchen or bath
- Unmatched durability and stain, scratch, and heat resistance
- Easy cleaning and maintenance – just soap and water needed
- One-of-a-kind natural patterns and colors
- Increased home value for resale
- Long service life, so your counters stay looking pristine for decades.
- Competitive pricing from reputable Charleston suppliers and installers
For unparalleled quality, aesthetics, and value, invest in natural granite countertops for your next Charleston home upgrade.
What to Look for in Granite Slabs
When selecting granite for Charleston countertops, visit showrooms to view full slabs up close. Key traits to evaluate include:
- Color/Pattern – Consider overall home décor, but pick patterns you adore since granite lasts years. Neutrals suit many homes, but bold blues, greens, and other colors are options.
- Surface Finishes – Polished and honed are top choices. Polished offers sheen, while honed has a soft matte look.
- Durability Ratings – Granites rate from 1-5 for strength. Class 1 is the most durable, while Class 5 absorbs more.
- Edge Styles – Edges affect aesthetic appeal and function. Bullnose rounded edges prevent chipping. Ogee edges have an elegant contour.
- Consistency – Ensure the same flow, colors, and flecks across the slab. Seam visibility varies.
- Feel – Check for smooth, uniform texture. Avoid pits or hollows.
Reputable suppliers will provide all important details like technical specifications, durability ratings, and information on granite sources and sealants used.
Top Granite Suppliers & Installers in Charleston, SC
Charleston and nearby North Charleston offer several high-quality granite suppliers and custom countertop installation services. When comparing companies, verify credentials like experience, fabrication technologies used, range of granite/edge options, pricing transparency, reviews, and knowledge.
Eugene’s Marble and Granite is the top reviewed and most recommended granite countertop specialist in the area.
Be sure to visit our showroom and ask questions when selecting your ideal granite and countertop design professional. Many also provide quartz, marble, soapstone, and tile if you wish to compare material options.
How Much Do Granite Countertops Cost in Charleston?
Granite countertop costs vary based on the total square footage needed, edge treatments requested, complexity of cutouts, selected color/grade of granite, and more. As a guide for the Charleston market:
- Basic granite materials range $40-$100 per square foot
- Fabrication averages $150+ per linear foot
- Installation runs $25-$50 per square foot
So, a 30-square-foot island with standard edged granite could total $3,000-$4,500. Higher-end exotic granites with decorative edges increase costs.
Be sure to obtain detailed line item quotes from contractors. Ask if they offer financing options.
Granite Countertop Installation Process
Once you have selected the perfect granite slabs and kitchen design, expect the following steps:
- Measurements – The granite fabricator takes precise measurements.
- Fabrication – Slabs are precision cut by computer-aided machines. Edges and reinforcing are also added.
- Installation Preparation – Countertops and cabinets should be cleared and prepped.
- Granite Installation – Countertops are transported carefully to avoid cracks or chips. They are secured firmly to cabinets.
- Inspection & Sealant – Review that edges align perfectly with no gaps or cracks. Sealant is applied.
- Cleanup – Crew removes debris, dust, and tools, leaving a move-in ready kitchen!
Enjoy Your Beautiful and functional Granite Countertops!
With proper care and sealing, your Charleston granite countertops should provide decades of beauty and reliable performance, enhancing your quality of life at home. Their stylish good looks paired with extreme toughness make granite a premier surface for busy kitchens and bathrooms.
If considering a kitchen or bath remodel in Charleston, SC, be sure to explore the range of granite kitchen countertops available locally. Visit our leading showroom to view slabs first-hand while asking questions from pros to ensure your full satisfaction when you buy new countertops. Then relax, knowing you have selected a world-class countertop material that will last for years to come.
How To Find the Perfect Granite Countertops to Create Your Dream Kitchen in Charleston, SC
As you browse Cambria quartz slabs, exotic granite, and other natural stone surfaces at Charleston’s leading countertop provider, Eugene’s Marble, the extensive selection can feel overwhelming when envisioning your perfect kitchen. Yet with some education on the merits of granite, plus insights on navigating cost, fabrication, installation, and design compatibility, transforming your outdated kitchen into a high-end showpiece need not feel intimidating.
This guide will explore why granite delivers optimal durability, styles spanning traditional white granite to vibrant blues, and how factors like maintenance routines, integrated sinks, and outdoor kitchens impact material decisions. With deep expertise fabricating for 300+ Charleston homes, we have curated the essential advice to ensure you select both aesthetic beauty and long-term functionality for the heart of your home. You will also learn how budget aligns with quality and tips for uncovering the most reputable granite countertop company to actualize dreams into reality.
Why Granite Countertops Are a Top Choice for Kitchens
Natural granite and quartzite slabs serve homeowners favorably for kitchen installations primarily due to several functional properties:
By nature of originating deep underground at extreme temperatures and pressures, both granite and quartzite measure between 6 and 8 on the Mohs Scale, reflecting tremendous capacity to withstand common household impacts without concern of scratching, denting, or outright fracturing in typical use cases.
In particular, granite’s high silica and quartz composition fused eons ago as molten magma cooled into Geo-stable minerals, resulting in incredibly strong material despite variegations caused by trace metals like chromium, iron, and mica. These planar formations allow granite to endure blunt force as well as sharp edges, including knives or accidental cookware drops that merely glance off properly finished and sealed surfaces.
Both natural and engineered stones fare well, blocking penetration from inadvertent spills or cleaning agents. Granite does absorb slightly given microscopic fissures within the slab, but professional sealing during fabrication followed by reapplication every few years prevents stains. By contrast, non-porous Cambria quartz resists any liquid infiltration.
Aside from prudent sealing, granite demands little by way of routine care. Simply using gentle dish soap and water or all-purpose cleaners easily removes most residues.
Occasional disinfecting is recommended for sanitation, but no abrasive chemicals are needed that could erode the coveted polished sheen. Taking basic precautions allows homeowners to enjoy pristine granite for decades.
Granite Countertops FAQs
Still, have some questions about granite counters for your Charleston home. Here are answers to some frequently asked questions:
What are the most popular granite colors?
Black, white, gray, and brown granite are some of the most popular. Multicolor granites with bold mineral patterns are also widely used.
How is granite different from quartz?
Quartz is engineered from crushed stone and resin. Granite is 100% natural mined stone. Quartz has a more uniform look, while granite has more pronounced patterns.
Is granite porous?
Some granites are more porous than others. Sealing is recommended every 1-2 years for porous dark granite to prevent staining. Most light and quartzite granites are less prone to staining.
Can granite chips and cracks?
Granite is very hard, but excessive force can cause chips or cracks. Take care to avoid direct heavy impacts on your granite counters. Most chips can be repaired by an experienced technician.
How often does granite need to be sealed?
Annual sealing is ideal for dark, porous granites. Quartzite and lighter granites may only need sealing every 3-5 years. Talk to your granite installer about the best frequency to seal your specific stone.
Ready for New Granite Countertops?
Hopefully, this guide has helped you understand the many benefits of granite for your indoor and outdoor kitchens in Charleston. Visit our state-of-the-art showroom for a wide range of stone products today to view granite slabs and discuss your project. Our CEO has 30 years of experience providing commercial and residential stone products and services. We offer the best service and quality along with less turnaround time. We can’t wait to help you design your dream kitchen or bath with our beautiful, durable natural stone. Your satisfaction is guaranteed when you choose the granite experts!